TERMS AND CONDITIONS – FABULOUS IN THE KITCHEN PROMOTION 5 YEAR WARRANTY PROMOTION
How to Claim:
Please visit www.smeguk.com/promotions/fabulous
- You will be required to supply your product’s models number and unique serial number found on the product data plate. You can find this https://help.smeguk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/~/your-guide-to-find-the-model-and-serial-number-on-large-appliances
- You will need to upload a valid proof of purchase for the below models. Failure to do so, will mean that your claim will be
- This exclusive offer runs from 01/09/2020 until 31/12/2020 inclusive. Claims must be submitted no later than 31/03/2021. Claims will not be accepted for any appliances purchased before 01/09/2020 or after 31/12/2020. Please contact Smeg direct if any queries at https://help.smeguk.com/app/ask
- Promotion is open to UK and ROI consumers only who purchase a Retro FAB refrigerator model FAB28, FAB30, FAB32, FAB38, FAB50 all colours.
- It excludes the FAB10, FAB10H, FAB5 and SMEG500 and all other Smeg refrigeration.
- Purchases only between 01/09/2020 and 31/12/20 will qualify to receive a free 5 year, fully comprehensive parts and labour warranty. This incorporates Smeg’s standard 2-year guarantee plus the 3 additional years warranty.
- This offer applies to products purchased through authorised retailers only
- This offer does not apply to the purchase of graded, seconds, used stock or replacements. Trade/contract sales are excluded from the offer.
- This offer does not apply to Smeg Staff Sale purchases or those affiliated to Smeg.
- The promotion is as stated and has no cash value. No alternative is available, and it is non-transferable.
- The promotion is not to be used in conjunction with other offers except those approved by Smeg.
- In the unlikely event that you are issued with a refund, the warranty will cease.
- To be eligible to participate in the promotion you must be a UK or ROI resident aged 18+.
- This promotion is only available to end user consumers (e.g. not to any reseller or business purchased on a trade or contract basis)
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for forms that are lost or delayed, or which are unable to be sent due to lack of network coverage, system, software or hardware failure or for any other reason beyond its
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify applications it believes are acting in breach of these Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to investigate and take all reasonable action to protect itself against fraudulent claims. Any claims which they believe to be invalid and/or fraudulent will be
- By completing the online form, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and
- Your name and address will only be retained for communication purposes if you choose to opt into receiving communications from Smeg
- For details of the promotion please write to the promoter at the address
The Promoter: Smeg (UK), The Marketing Department, The Magna Building, Wyndyke Furlong, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1DZ, United Kingdom.
Terms and Conditions of a PROMOTIONAL 5YR warranty
Your promotional 5yr warranty covers the cost of repair following a mechanical or electrical fault which stops the equipment working properly. The provision of this plan does not affect your statutory rights. This plan is governed by English law unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
CONDITIONS OF COVER:
- The validity period of your warranty is for 5yrs from the date of purchase of your appliance.
- The first two years of policy are covered by the standard warranty, years 3,4 and 5 are covered by the extended promotional element
- This offer is only available between the promotion dates stated on the relevant promotional material
- This offer is only available for the specific models detailed on the relevant promotional material
- The qualifying models must only be purchased in the UK or Ireland during the dates stated on promotional material
- This offer applies to new appliances only, purchased via approved Smeg stockists and does not apply to appliances purchased second hand or through private sales, or purchases made via a ‘graded’ appliance retailer.
- The standard and extended promotional warranty is offered exclusively to the recipient at point of purchase.
- Please note, if you sell your appliance during its standard or extended promotional warranty period this agreement of cover is not transferable to the new owner.
- All applications for the warranty must be completed online together with electronic proof of purchase within 90 days of the date of purchase.
- If 28 days from submitting your online warranty application you have not received confirmation of cover via email, please notify the Smeg UK Customer Service team by calling 0844 557 9907 and selecting option 2. If you are in the Republic of Ireland, please call 0044 844 5579907 and select option 2.
- If you do not have internet access or are experiencing difficulties completing our online form, or uploading proof of purchase, please contact our Customer Service team as above, who will be happy to assist over the phone.
- During the entire period of cover, you must be able to provide proof of purchase when requested by Smeg UK or one of its agents.
EXCEPTIONS TO COVER:
- Costs arising from you failing to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Costs covered by any other guarantee or warranty provided by other suppliers or repairers.
- Costs arising from you using your equipment in a non-domestic or commercial environment.
- Accidental damage, theft, attempted theft, malicious damage, damage or failure caused by fire or explosion.
- Damage or failure caused by floods, lightening, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions.
- Costs arising from any problems with the supply of electricity.
- Costs if no fault is found with your equipment, including engineer call out charge.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning and servicing.
- Labour charges for work outside the repairer’s normal working hours.
- Costs arising from not being able to use your equipment or from damage caused when the equipment breaks down.
- Costs related to:
- Loss of earnings to allow Smeg UK or their agent access to your property.
- Arranging access to your property for Smeg UK or their agent.
- Cosmetic damage such as dents or scratches to the equipment.
- The cost of replacing any item or accessory that is intended to be replaceable. These items include; fuses, batteries, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and related starters, filters and attachments.
- Cost due to rust, corrosion or water damage.
- Cables, plugs, light covers, or rain covers.
- Please note: This warranty is in addition to your statutory and other legal rights. Engineer visits are normally made between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm Mon-Fri. In the unlikely event of your Smeg appliance requiring technical support during your warranty period please contact the Smeg Service team on 0344 557 9907, selecting option 1. The service team are available Monday to Friday 8.30am – 6pm, Weekends 9am -1pm (excluding UK public holidays). You can also request product support online: https://help.smeguk.com/app/ask